THE OPTIMAL SOLUTION FOR DAILY EAR CLEANING
Developed out of the Stanford University’s BioDesign program, the OTO-TIP’s patented spiral spin technology provides your whole family (ages 3 and up), with a safe and effective way to clean your ears that is also very easy to use.
The hazards of using cotton swabs are well-publicized and include an increased risk of ear drum damage, wax buildup or infection, blockage and partial hearing loss. In addtion, rather than remove wax, cotton swabs often push the dirt and debris deeper. They may even increase the blockage by leaving behind layers of cotton fibers behind. This just irritates the ear further. Oto-Tip’s patented spiral spin technology provides you with a safe, gentle way to clean your ears that minimizes those risks.
Why Choose Oto-Tip?
- Affordable and green alternative to cotton tips
- Reusable, medical grade silicone tips remove wax effectively without leaving any product remnants behind
- Tips are specially shaped to avoid damaging the eardrum and are available in small and large sizes
- Break-away feature prevents too much pressure on the ear canal
- Shield to prevent pushing too far into the ear
- One-handed operation – great for clinicians who may want to use an otoscope or other instruments.
Used by: parents, pediatricians, ENT specialists, audiologists, frequent headset wearers, hearing aid users, as well as workers in high decibel occupations like construction workers, musicians, airport ground staff, pre-school teachers, and elderly care workers/home help.
Review from Dr. Johanna Oliveros, family physician:
“From a medical standpoint, it is an excellent device. Its spiral tip is smooth and soft, avoiding injury in the external acoustic meatus and tragus, which are the outer parts of the ear canal and the most susceptible to trauma, scratches and cuts with cotton swabs, pliers, catheters, fingernails or any element used when cleaning.
The length and width of the children’s Oto-Tip silicone tips do not generate risk of tympanic perforation. Their pediatric presentation is not just shorter but also thinner, which avoids the risk of auditory canal trauma or discomfort in children.”
Other key points:
• Conductive hearing loss caused by some traumatic injuries or waxy buildup, can often be reversed. The Oto-Tip specializes in removing excess wax and can help maintain a healthy ear canal.
• The Oto-Tip feels like a massage for your ear. Safety features include:
– Medical grade silicone tip
– Automated spiral action to withdraw wax
– Break-away feature to prevent you putting too much pressure on your ear canal
– Shield to prevent you pushing it too far into your ear and damaging the ear drum
– Tips are reusable. It’s eco-friendly and saves you money because you’ll have fewer doctor trips. You’ll also be eliminating one-time use applications like cotton tips and wax candles