THE SOLUTION FOR DAILY EAR CLEANING
Developed out of the Stanford University’s BioDesign Program, the OTO-TIP’s patented spiral spin technology provides you with a way to do daily ear cleaning that is safe, effective and easy to use. Safe, Effective, and Easy To Use.
A common ear wax removal method involves sticking cotton swabs in the ear. The hazards of this method are well-publicized and include an increased risk of ear drum damage, wax buildup or infection, blockage and partial hearing loss. Rather than remove wax, cotton swabs often push the dirt and debris deeper. They may even increase the blockage by leaving behind layers of cotton fibers behind. They only serve to irritate the ear further. Oto-Tip’s patented spiral spin technology provides you with a way to clean your ears that minimizes those risks that is safe, effective and easy to use.
Why Choose Oto-Tip?
- Affordable and green alternative to cotton tips.
- Reusable silicone tips that remove wax effectively without leaving any product remnants behind
- Tips are shaped to protect against damaging the eardrum when in use.
- Tips are available in small and large sizes making Oto-Tip safe for use by the entire family (ages 3 and over).
- One-handed operation – great for clinicians who may want to use an otoscope or other instruments.
Used by: parents, family doctors and pediatricians, ENT specialists, audiologists, frequent headset wearers as well as workers in high decibel occupations like construction workers, musicians, airport ground staff, pre-school teachers, elderly care workers/home help.
What The Doctors Have To Say:
• “From a medical standpoint it is an excellent device, its spiral tip is smooth and soft, avoiding injury in the external acoustic meatus and tragus, which are the outer parts of the ear canal and the most susceptible to trauma, scratches and cuts with cotton swabs, pliers, catheters, the nails themselves or any element used when cleaning it.”
• “The length of the external auditory canal ranges from 0.98 to 1.77 inches (25 to 45 mm), being shorter in children and longer in adults, and in the device the spiral tip does not exceed 0.78 inch (20 mm) for adults nor 0.59 inch (15 mm) for children, therefore it does not generate risk of tympanic perforation by itself. It´s pediatric presentation is not just shorter but also thinner, which avoids the risk of auditory canal trauma or discomfort in children.”
• Conductive hearing loss caused by some traumatic injuries or waxy buildup, can often be reversed. The Oto-Tip specializes in removing excess wax and can help maintain a healthy ear canal.
• The Oto-Tip feels like a massage for your ear.
• Safety features include:
o Medical grade silicone tip
o Automated spiral action to withdraw wax
o Break-away feature to prevent you putting too much pressure on your ear canal
o Shield to prevent you pushing it too far into your ear and damaging the ear drum
• Tips are reusable ~ so it’s eco-friendly and saves you money by less doctor trips or one-time use of unsafe procedures like Q-Tips and wax candles